Hey there! Another Friday is here! I am running away with my little family for a weekend getaway. Golf, sun, shopping...anyone want to join me?? :) But before I left I wanted to share with you a special page that I made this week.
I used the Craft Smith Blackberry Lemon paper pad that I picked up from Michaels. I am really loving this color combination. I had the idea to make a big heart as the background of my page. I wanted the heart to have a patchwork feel and this is how it turned out!
I really don't think I could love it more! Here are the steps of how I created it.
1) I punched out a LOT of circles using every circle punch that I owned! The largest size was 1 3/4 inch. I glued them down in a heart shape onto a piece of paper from the Craft Smith Gradient paper pad. I didn't overlap the circles, I just used different sized circles to fill in the holes.
2) Then, I cut the heart out with my pinking shears and glued it down onto a piece of Kraft cardstock. I inked the edges and then used a pen to create a doodled heart shape around the heart. I added a few rub-ons that look like stitching on top of my doodle. Or you could use your sewing machine!
3) The photo may look a little random, lol! It is from several years ago when the boys and I were at Chuckie Cheese. They had a little booth that took your picture and then drew it out in a pencil type drawing. It's been on my wall in my scrap room for years and I was waiting for the perfect page to document it in. This was it!
4) I added all kinds of embellishments...stickers, rhinestones, epoxy buttons. I really wanted the embellishments to fit the whole "patchwork" feel.
5) My title may sound a little random, but it comes from my heart. I always want my boys to keep me as a big piece of their lives. We talk about it all the time! I don't think kids ever realize how much their moms really, really love them.
This page really has a piece of my heart in it. I am now thinking about picking up a shadowbox at Michaels to frame it for my wall.
I hope all of your take the time to document these special moments in our lives. Our kids and our kid's kids really will thank us someday. <3
Have a wonderful weekend!